To see hotels near the campus, you can click here.
Transportation for Istanbul
The public transportation system of Istanbul is constantly growing and developing with the city and you can use public busses, subway, tram, train, taxi, boat and minibuses to get around the city.
Boğaziçi University is not very far from Taksim (city center) and there are several options to get to the Main Campus. To reach the university you can use either the upper road or the lower/coastal road.
Lower, Coastal Road: The Bebek gate (South Gate) intersects the coastal road in Bebek. The University is built on a hill, the climb is very steep, and also because of the length of the coastal road the buses are not that frequent. Therefore we recommend that you use this route, if your hotel is on the coast of Bosphorus, or you want to go to the north of the city or you would like to enjoy the beautiful view of Bosphorus.
Upper road: This is the most frequently used road and the last three stops of the bus lines to Rumeli Hisarüstü and Boğaziçi University Metro Station are located just before the gates of the three campuses (North, South and Hisar). We recommend that you use this route to get to the university. Subway and buses are the easiest and most economical way of traveling to the Boğaziçi University.
For more information about public transportation you can always check the Istanbul public transportation website: www.iett.gov.tr/en/index.php
Main Bus Lines
To see departure points and times click bus lines.
From Kabataş to Boğaziçi University: 43R
From Taksim to Boğaziçi University: 559C
From Şişli to Boğaziçi University: 59R
From İstinye/Hacıosman Metro Station to Boğaziçi University: 59RH
You may also use metro to reach South Campus. Last stop for M6 Metro Line is Boğaziçi University. Frequency of metro services changes from 2 to 10 minutes.
From Levent to Boğaziçi University: M6
Click here to see a detailed Railway Network Map for Istanbul.
Click here to see a detailed Metro Lines Map for Istanbul.
Please click your mobile operation system (next to app description) to visit application pages. All applications below are free.
- MobİETT can be used for tracking mainly bus lines: Android | iOS
- Metro İstanbul can be used for tracking metro lines: Android | iOS
- BiTaksi finds the nearest taxi around and directs it to you: Android | iOS
- Uber is also available in Turkey and it also provides regular taxi services (keep in mind that Uber can be more expensive tha BiTaksi): Android | iOS
- Trafi Turkey generates a list of possible public transportation directions by using your current location and desired destination: Android | iOS
- IBB CepTrafik is a traffic forecasting application: Android | iOS
- Sesli Sözlük is a dictionary app that has a database for 20 different languages with pronunciations (keep in mind that this app works for EN-TR and TR-EN translations most effectively) : Android | iOS
Transportation from the airports
Istanbul has two international airports, namely Atatürk Airport (Europe) and Sabiha Gökçen Airport (Asia). Havataş is the name of airport services. Havataş buses can take you to Taksim from both airports and cost 11 Turkish Liras from Atatürk Airport to Taksim and 14 Turkish Liras from Sabiha Gökçen Airport to Taksim.
To see detailed map and departure times of Havataş services, please click here.
You can also get a taxi from the airports to Boğaziçi University.
From Atatürk Airport to Boğaziçi University, it would cost between 60 to 70 Turkish Liras and it would take 40 to 60 minutes (depending on traffic).
From Sabiha Gökçen Airport to Boğaziçi University, it would cost between 90 to 100 Turkish Liras and it would take 50 to 70 minutes (depending on traffic).